Godliness is the foundation for God’s blessings. Every blessing you experience in life finds its root in Godliness.
WHAT IS GODLINESS?
- Godliness is living your life to please God at all times. We must understand that our body is the temple of God; and Him alone owns our life, 1 Timothy 4:8.
- Godliness is exhibiting the nature of God. Anything not found in God should not be found in us, Proverbs 13:4. If your character (sin) is questionable you will soon be brought down no matter the height of achievement you think you have acquired. Godliness never brings people down rather it takes people up. Godliness can result to persecution and mockery; but in tje end these persecutions results in God making us.
When you keep engaging in sin, your destiny is in jeopardy. Examples of people who walked in Godliness and God elevated them:
Matthew 5:6 Godliness is a life long battle because no day comes without a temptation aimed at bringing you down.
PRACTICAL STEPS TO OVERCOMING SIN
- Watch and pray. Learn to resist every form of sin; don’t wait for sin to come pray against it. The devil is not as powerful as we paint him.
- Be soaked with the word of God, Ephesians 5:26, John 15:6, John 1:5
- Purge yourself from carnality.
- Mind your association (friends). 1 Corinthians 15:13 who you follow determines what follows you. Proverbs 13:20
BENEFITS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
- Divine Favour, Psalm 5:12
- Divine Health Isaiah 33:24
- Divine Protection, Job 1:10, Psalm 91:1-12