Isaiah 60:2 the last days is characterized by darkness, troubles and confusion. Hebrews 12:26-27 the last days are the days of shaking. Jeremiah 17:5-6, Malachi 4:1-2, Isaiah 31:3
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE LAST DAYS
Hebrews 12:28 everything is permitted to shake, everything is permitted to break but not us because there is an exemption plan for us, Isaiah 60:2-3. There is a separation that is going on in this season. We are exempted from evils and separated into God’s greatness plan, Zechariah 8:23.
HOW DO I APPROPRIATE GOD’S PLAN OF EXEMPTION?
Obedience, Deuteronomy 28:1-2 your commitment to obedience is what determines your entering into God’s exemption plan and Jesus is our perfect example, Hebrews 12:2, John 5:30, Philippians 2:6-9. Your obedience changes the value of your name; there are people whose names affected them and there are those who because of their lives have affected their names.
BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE
- All things work together for the good of the obedient, Romans 8:28, 1 John 5:3, John 14:21. Keeping God’s commandment is a practical display of our love for God. It is our action that validates the reality of our love for God. 1 Corinthians 2:7-9. The proof of genuine love is obedience.
- The obedient will always escape trouble, Proverbs 23:5-7, John 11:9 a life of obedience is a life that lives in light, Psalm 1:1-3, Jeremiah 17:7-8. You can’t trap a man whose actions and dealings are led by God. Those who live in truth never fears traps.
HOW TO MAINTAIN AN OBEDIENT LIFE
- Crave the Spirit of Obedience, Romans 7:18, Philippians 2:12-13, Ezekiel 36:27 it takes the outpouring of the spirit to live above the distractions of life.
- Maintain a life of humility, Philippians 2:5-9 it takes a humble heart to maintain obedience. Those who defend reputation lose it, those who disregard it gain it.
- Take delight in divine commandment, Hebrews 11:12, Psalm 1:1-3, Psalm 112:1-3 delight in commandment is what delivers grace for commandment.