We have come to be enlisted among the Endtime rescue agents of Jesus. No army functions well without personal discipline. If we must be triumphantly and successfully be used by God as rescue agents then self discipline is not an option, 1 Corinthians 9:23-27. God will rate you according to your personal discipline to place you, 1 Samuel 18:5, 15. It takes self discipline to arrive at God’s future for your life, Hebrews 12:1. Until you are disciplined you never win the race.
Discipline is a choice not a gift. We live in a world of compromise; an indisciplined world, 2 Timothy 1:7. The issue of self discipline is a spiritual fight, Romans 7:22-23. You must exert pressure on your life today to live a life of pleasure tomorrow. Those who dodge thee pressure will miss the pleasure tomorrow.
If you don’t discipline yourself God will discipline you
What is Discipline?
- Embracing the law of hardness, 2 Timothy 2:3-4.
- Doing what is right at the right time whether in public or in private.
- Doing what is right and not what you like. Your ability to say no.
- Becoming a law to yourself; living by set rules. 1 Corinthians 6:12, only those who live by the rules can become rulers.
- Exercising self control
Why Self Discipline?
- It empowers a life of righteousness. A life that pleases God, Hebrews 12:11. No discipline of God seems right but when exercised leads to greatness. It may not look convenient but it is commanded
- It determines your enlistment into God’s endtime army of rescuers. 2 Timothy 2:19-21 when you are prepared you will be useful to God, only discipline can prepare you for the future, Psalm 4:3
- It is a divine training for a life of excellence, 1 Corinthians 8:24
Areas of Discipline
- Your Association, the people you associate with. No relationship leaves you neutral, 2 Corinthians 6:14. Run away form anyone who doesn’t add to you. Those who hang around fire will always smell smoke, 2 Samuel 13:5
- Your dressing, Exodus 28:2 dressing is for glorification and beauty
- Your eyes, Proverbs 4:25
- Your Time, Ephesians 5:16. Don’t spend time, invest time. Whatever steals your time has stolen your destiny.
Self Discipline Boosters
- Godly training, Hebrews 5:14. Godliness is not a gift but a process of training. God’s word must guide your every step, Psalm 119:133
- Discover God’s vision for your life. When you discover vision you live right.
The greatest way to live a life of discipline is oaths, Job 31:1