Nothing accomplishes itself in life, every accomplishment is enforced by someone. To do nothing and still expect something is to live a life of frustration. The endtime church of God is ordained to be triumphant; but it takes the zeal of the Lord to get this done, 2 King 19:31. God is a zealous God and everything that He does requires His zeal, Isaiah 9:7. God’s performance is tied to His zeal. Even Jesus require the zeal of the Lord to accomplish His mission on earth, Psalm 69:8, Matthew 2:17.
What is Zeal?
- A passionate drive that propels you towards achieving great things for God, Mark 1:12. When zeal comes on your life, tou are driven. Watchour for a zealous man, he is not driving but something ia driving him.
- It is a tangible inner force that keeps you going at all cost, Ephesians 3:16
- It means a fervency of the Spirit burning like fire in your soul for the accomplishment of your divine assignment, Romans 12:11, John 5:35. Set yourself on fire and the world will gather to watch you burn.
- A beyond yourself labour that gives God the best part of you for which God deserves, Malachi 1:6
- Zeal is an emotional expeession of your burning love for God, Luke 2:29. When God gives tou the go ahead, don’t stand get moving.
The Worth of Zeal
- Zeal pushes you to accomplish the impossible inspite of all odds. A zealous man sees every obstacle as an opportunity, Hebrews 12:2, John 4:34. Until you set aside all your excuses, you cannot make marks before the Lord. Mark 9:4
- Zeal motovates bold steps and stedfastness without discouragement, Isaiah 42:1,4. Men of zeal are men of courage, nothing discourages them Acts 20:24
- Zeal empowers your dedication and unreserved committment in giving yourself to pursuing God’s divine agenda for your life.
Examples of People who worked with Zeal
- Noah, Genesis 6:14-18. Do what have not been done before to see what you have not seen before. Hebrews 11:7
- Abraham, Hebrews 11:17-19. Abraham with his zeal was willing to go the extra mile for God.
- Jehu, 2 Chronicles 22:7. One man that confronted a whole nation because of His unstoppable zeal. 2 King 10:16
- Caleb, even though God promised Caleb the mountain of Hebron, that was not his motivating force, Joshua 14:10-14. Caleb was jealous for God.
- David, 1 Samuel 17:26
- Paul, Paul consistently put his life at stake for God, 1 Corinthiabs 9:16, Phillipians 1:4. Those who take with God never take charge
- Epaphras, Colossians 4:12-13
Applied zeal is what counts before God not the zeal you talk. Matthew 10:39, Revelation 3:19.
You can’t do it in the energy of flesh, you need the empowerment of the Spirit, Romans 8:12.