Revelation 1:10 only those in the Spirit encounter God, Galatians 5:25. Every encounter with the word opens a new chapter to a man. Fasting and prayer is a platform for empowerment to next levels. The ultimate of God’s purpose for prayer and fasting is empowerment into next levels, Luke 4:14. There are things people pray for and others simply command; it’s all about power. Ezekiel 36:27 the Spirit of Obedience empowers you to walk in God’s Statutes. Our obedience of faith commits God’s integrity to perform, Joshua 6:20, Exodus 14:14-15. Many Christians have challenges in their walk with God because they don’t have the Spirit of obedience.
Why do we need the Spirit of Obedience?
- Some instructions may be far above our natural capacity to obey– 2 Corinthians 8:1-3, Genesis 12:1-4
- Some instructions may be too costly to bear naturally– Genesis 22:2-4
- Some instructions may be too deadly to comply with– Genesis 17:10-14/23-26, Philippians 2:8-9 it is ultimate obedience that establishes God’s ultimate purpose for our lives. John 10:18 it takes power to embark in obedience to a deadly instructions.
Empowered obedience is the gateway to the realities of “From Glory to Glory”. It is not just obedience that works but prompt obedience; and it takes power to jump at any instruction without any negotiation, Genesis 12:4. Delayed obedience equals disobedience. The reason many Christians are challenged is because of delayed obedience, too much procrastination. Every instruction is a test, our timely response is not negotiable, Genesis 22:1. Every instruction is a test, you either write there and then or you wait for another time. Obedience does not work at any time, it demands promptness. Luke 19:44, John 5:4. Timely response is a fundamental requirement for our change of story.
What is in Obedience for us?
- Every act of obedience opens a new chapter to the believer– Genesis 12:1-4, Genesis 13:2
- Every act of obedience is passing a test that results in a change of level– Genesis 22:16-17 it is in the madness of obedience that results in the greatness of grace. It is our act of obedience that changes us from one level to another. Every instruction is God’s secret agenda for our advancement. Obedience is a very powerful weapon of war, 2 Corinthians 10:6.
- God will always manifest Himself to the Obedient– John 14:21, 2 Kings 5:1/9-10/14
- Obedience of faith quenches all the fiery doubt of the devil– Ephesians 6:6, 2 Corinthians 10:5-6
- Our obedience provokes divine presence which establishes our dominion– Psalm 23:2-4, Psalm 114:3, John 8:29
- Every breakthrough testimony is rooted in obedience– Genesis 26:2/12-14, Luke 5:4-7. You don’t know breakthrough until you know obedience. Obedience is the trigger for supernatural breakthroughs.
Supernatural Supply is in Obedience- 1 Kings 17:8-16, 2 Kings 4:1-7 where obedience stops is where supplies stops. Supernatural supplies lies in our obedience.
Instructions for the Hour
- Let me have your boat and your glorious destiny shall open; partner with me in your engagement
- Make for me first, give me a priority place and then your own will follow without sweat.
- Enter into a covenant of soul winning with me and I will give you rest round about; covenant to give me ten (10) souls all through this year.
- Dedication to God and the cause of His kingdom, the giant in you shall come alive this year John 12:24
- Be dedicated to covenant practice, become consistent in your tithing this year, and be committed to giving to the needy around you this year.
Everything you and I will ever need lies in obedience.