the message below are excerpts from the first word session at the one night with the kings service of the 21days prayers & fasting as delivered by David Oyedepo Jnr.
The fundamental purpose of prayers is answers Jeremiah 33:3. There is covenant platform for receiving answers, Hebrews11:1 expectation sets the pace for answers to prayers Acts 3:5-6 wherever expectation is barren, manifestation is absent. Proverbs 24:13-14 until we draw out expectation from the word of God it can be cut off, Proverbs 23:18. How it will end is determined what you expect. God is only committed to deliver our expectation, until there is expectation therefore there can be no divine intervention James 1:6-8, if we are going to see the delivery of our expectation we must not be double minded Hebrews 10:35/23. Every pursuit of God should produce supernatural answers.
According to scriptures, it is answer expectant prayers that produce results. Examples of men that pray answer expected prayers
- Servant of Abraham- Genesis 24:12-14 when you pray a prayer that must be answered God gives us response
- David- Psalm 62:5, 2Samuel 5:18-19, 1 Samuel 30:1-8 David was a man committed to answered prayers because he had expectation Psalm 57:2.
- Elijah- 1Kings 18:41-46, James 5:17-18
Covenant Keys to Answered Prayers
- Engage in word based Prayers- Hosea 14:2 one of the reasons we call for prayer warfare I not for hostility but for legalities; there are procedures for getting answered prayers of Isaiah 41:21, Isaiah 43:26 our declarations must be according to His word 1 John 5:14-15it is what we ask that is in line with His word that He will respond to.
- We must pray in faith in the word and in the name of Jesus- Mark 11:24 faith is a catalyst for answers to prayers. Faith is the spiritual converter of spiritual blessings into practical blessings Galatians 3:14 every prayer that must be answered must be prayed in the name of Jesus John 14:13-14 Praying in the name of Jesus is not just a way to end our prayers but it is our access to answers.
- We must pray earnestly- 1 Samuel 1:12-16, James 5:16 it is possible to pray with the mouth and not pray with the heart and it is the prayer done from the heart that receives answers 1 Kings 8:37-39 when prayer is from you hear God will hear. To pray with the mouth and not pray with the heart is a wrong investment of energy. Jeremiah 29:13
- We must make specific demands on the altar of prayer- any prayer without a specific target does not attract a definite answer. Whenever our expectation lacks definition the desire lacks manifestation. Every desire must have definition for it to end with manifestation, Mark 10:46-52 God is not bound to respond until our desires are specific. God does not answer us until we specify our desires so that we don’t accuse Him.
- We must pray with confidence in the prayer answering God- Hebrews 4:16, Philippians 3:3, 2 Corinthians 3:5 we are to approach the altar of pray with boldness in our heart; confidence in God that He will answer our prayers.1 Kings 18:27-28/38. God manifests the weight of His glory in the presence of a confident heart Ephesians 3:20, Psalm 57:2
- We must pray with authority against all satanic influences- it is freely given but must be forcefully taken 1Corinthias 2:9-12, Matthew 11:12, Ephesians 6:10-18 and prayers is the force we are to apply Daniel 10:10-13, 1 Corinthians 16:9 the enemy is not only been defeated but is ordained for defeat 1 John 5:4, 1 John 4:4.
- We must pray with thanksgiving- Philippians 4:6-7 until thanksgiving is offered our request is not known 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Hebrews 10:36
We must learn to observe when our answers arrive, Acts 12:5-7
How to Know When Your Prayer Is Answered
- When your faith says so- until you receive your answer spiritually you cannot receive it practically Mark 11:24 whatever you can see as received cannot be denied from you. Every time our faith confirms the received we cannot be denied the answer.
- When we have a witness that the case is settled– Romans 8:16
- When your spirit begins to celebrate the answer– 1 Peter 1:8, whenever God appears He appears with the answer and when answer comes joy follows Psalm 16:11
- When the peace of God overwhelms your heart on that subject– Psalm 85:8 everything with God is peace Philippians 4:6-7
With God it is normal for prayers to be answered, but it is abnormal for prayers to ignored. Therefore if we are not seeing answers to our prayers, we must check ourselves. Not every prayer that is offered can be answers psalm 66:18