The commandments of prayer and fasting has specific benefits
- It expedites answers to prayer– the reason we pray is to get answers; fasting and prayer gives us access to answers, Isaiah 58:6/9. Every asking should equal having. The answer to our prayers is secured largely by our prayers and fasting.
- It empowers our access to divine guidance– Ezra 8:22-23 fasting among other things culminates in divine direction.
WHY DIVINE DIRECTION
- There is a way that seems right– Proverbs 14:12 if we must end well we must go His way Jeremiah 10:23, Proverbs 3:5-7. We press in prayer, we amplify the pressing with fasting, Isaiah 58:6/11. Fasting is to find the right way, because if the way looks right but is wrong it will end in destruction.
- The way of the Lord ends in profit– Isaiah 48:17 when God is leading we can’t end in losses we must end in profit.
- When God is leading we never suffer lack– Isaiah 48:1the leading of God equals the absence of lack, Psalm 23:1-6 when you are led by God you are kept with God John 8:29
Prayers: Father in this season guide me, direct my steps in this season, open my eyes to see, my ears to hear and my heart to perceive what you are showing this season.
Father, heal my spiritual hears and cause me to hear from me.
Everything you call for is available right now, there is no need to keep it till the end of the year.