the message below are excerpts from this evening’s midweek/communion service as preached by David Oyedepo Jnr.
2Corinthians 3:18 it is encounters with God that brings about transformation of life. One genuine encounter is worth more than a life time of struggle. Every encounter with God opens one’s life and destiny for new levels, Psalm 34:5. No encounter with God is a waste of time. Examples:
- Abraham– Genesis 12:1-3, Isaiah 60:15, Galatians 3:14, Abraham became the standard of blessing because of one encounter with God even at 75years of age.
- Moses– Exodus 3, Exodus 7:1, Exodus 11:1, Moses grew from a human being to the god level because of one encounter.
- Gideon– Judges 6:1-12 it is our encounter that determines our level of greatness in life.
- Peter– Luke 5:1-11
- Paul– 1Timothy 1:15, 1Corinthians 15:9-10 it is encounters with God that equals encounter with faith.
We are not looking for anything else in this season but an encounter. The end in this season is not the means, it’s the encounter with God.
How can we Encounter God in this season?
- Purity of Heart– Matthew 5:8 it is the foundation for encounter with God. Psalm 24:1-4. God will always evaluate the heart to weigh the act. The purity of our heart will determine the weight of our fast. The purity of our heart is our personal responsibility. 2Chronicles 16:9, Mark 7:21, 2Corinthians 13:5. 21days is too long a season to fast and not encounter God.
- Sanctification– every meeting with God demands personal sanctification Exodus 19:10-14. If we can sanctify ourselves then God can guarantee us His presence 2Corinthians 7:1, 1John 3:3, James 4:8, Psalm 24:3-4. Clean heart, clean hand equals God’s appearance. The heart represents things that have not been thought, the hands represents things that have touched.
- Follow Peace with all Men– every contention provides a resistance for God’s manifestation Hebrews 12:14. The absence of peace equals the absence of God. Matthew 5:9, the peace makers are the God carriers. Where there is absence of peace is the presence of the devil’s manifestation. Contention chokes the atmosphere for God’s appearance. Don’t allow anything that will choke God away from meeting with you. Our meeting with God does not just change things, we also are changed.
There is no one that meets God without preparation
All of the above are personal engagement but we require God’s help. Philippians 2:13, Hebrews 4:16. But it is first the decision of man to want to change before they call for help from God. Isaiah 35:7-10